Counselor in Training opportunities & ages of staff (Licensing mandated)
CIT Ages: 13 & 14
* Requires CIT- Camper registration, physical examination and immunization record.
* Acknowledgement that cell. phone usage when supporting children during the camp days is not permitted without administration approval, during a scheduled break time.
* Current first aid and child CPR certification
------------------------------------------ Junior Counselor & Counselor (Staff) Ages:
*At age 15 minimum, students may apply for Junior Counselor positions
*At age 16 minimum, students may apply for counselor positions.
* At age 21 minimum, applicants may apply for coordinator positions
*Challenging age to keep young teenagers in a fun and positive supervised environment
* Similar age peers; new friendships
*cell phone usage not allowed during the camp day
* Supervision including education on child development
and strategies to promote children's self confidence
* Special Education Training including understanding Individual Education Plans and various disabilities
* Laws regarding children's safely and mandated reporting including neglect and abuse laws
* Opportunities to create and initiate fun activities for campers
* Extensive supervision with an educational psychologist
* Counselor in Training experience is appealing to colleges
* Counselor in training experience builds self advocacy skills
* Responsibility and maturity increased from being in the role of a supervised authority figure, camper.
* Young teens love the experience of being a counselor in training
* Majority of our CITs flourish in to becoming confident, future Murray Camp counselors who are skilled in caring for and entertaining young children quite well!